Christmas day was so fun. I made a yummy dessert-I mean breakfast, with frozen Rhodes rolls and butterscotch pudding mix and like a week's worth of butter. I think it may become a family tradition!
The girls loved Christmas morning and checking out their stockings. Lydia immediately ate every Hershey's Kiss she found in her stocking, it was so funny (but messy). Here is her favorite present, a rocking horse that sings and clip-clops! She loves musical toys, and rocking chairs, so this was right up her alley.
Here is Elise with the gift she imagined up and requested of Santa, a "pink baby with pink hair" (aka Strawberry Shortcake). It's hard to tell exactly what she had in mind, but this definitely fit the bill and she loves it.
The girls' other big gift was this cute playhouse. See that one-of-a-kind "Cinderella's work dress" that Elise is wearing? She loves to pretend she is Cinderella and always asks to wear dresses and aprons, so I got the idea to make her a costume. I stayed up late Christmas Eve finishing it (of course Mike rolled his eyes at me), but she loves it and insisted on wearing it all day! And in case you were wondering, Lydia's diaper leaked so that explains her lack of clothing in this picture.
Later that day we went to Mike's dad and step-mom's. Here are the girls with McKenna and Savannah playing Ring-around-the-rosies on their new mini-trampoline.
That afternoon we ended up back at my parents' house. They had cleared a "road" in the snow so the grandkids could drive their new kid-sized jeeps!
We had such a fun Christmas season, and loved celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with so many of our extended family.
No comments:
Post a Comment