In her Christmas card to all the grandkids, Mike's grandma included an invitation to a swimming party planned for July 5th - yes, half a year away - and the day finally came! Her condo complex has a nice pool, so we swam and had a great hamburger/hotdog dinner. It was fun to see a couple of Mike's cousins that I have only met once or twice before.
On the way home, we stopped by a gelateria where our sister-in-law Ashley has been working lately. We had some awesome gelato (I recommend the peach-mango)! Unfortunately, Elise spilled the last bit of hers, so Ashley kindly got her a nice big scoop on a sample spoon, which Elise then gulped down all at once. Her first ice cream headache, poor thing! Other than that, it was a great day.
Mike and Lydia

Elise kicking water in Chris's eyes

Lydia and Grandma (Mike's mom)

Elise and McKenna

Ashley and Doug right after I dared Ash to dunk him, and she did!

No comments:
Post a Comment