Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mike's Knee Surgery

Four surgeons were discussing their work.
The first said, "I think accountants are the easiest to operate on. You open them up and everything inside is numbered."
The second said, "I think librarians are the easiest. You open them up and everything inside is in alphabetical order."
The third said, "I like to operate on electricians. You open them up and everything inside is color-coded."
The fourth surgeon said, "I like Engineers. . . they always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end. . . "


As I explained in this entry a while back, Mike tore his ACL and had to have surgery.

The surgery went well (no left-over parts, ha ha), and his recovery is going well too. He had the operation at the very end of August, just before Labor Day weekend so he would have to take fewer days off.

He was supposed to spend a whole week off his feet with his leg elevated before going back to work, and he really was a good patient for all the pain he was in, but it was one heck of a week. I felt like I was going up and down the stairs fifty times a day. We got a trial Netflix membership so he would have lots of movies to keep him occupied, and most of his time was spent in the basement.

The surgeon and physical therapist have told him that everything should be back to normal by about February.

No comments: