Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Lydia

(still catching up from July!)


My tiny little Lydia is now a big 3 year old! We celebrated her birthday with a butterfly themed party for the family. My brother's kids came over earlier in the day to be tended, and we made butterflies out of paper towels for decorations. I also made a butterfly cake. Thanks to all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins for coming and spoiling her with all the cute gifts!

We love our Lydia-bug so much. She is so much fun. I love to hear the things that come out of her mouth. She seems to say whatever she is thinking, and give play-by-plays of everything she is doing. She loves singing and dancing, tickles, silliness, Dora and Diego, playing with Elise and sometimes Tyler, books at bedtime, coloring, fruit snacks, her ducky, puzzles, and so many more things. She is still below the 1st percentile on the pediatrician's chart, for both height and weight, but she is healthy and happy, just tiny. We are so glad she is in our family!

3 comments:

Britt said...

She's so pretty. It was fun to get to know her cute personality a little better at the reunion. Your kids are darling.

And HOW did you make that cake?!?

Mike and Shayla said...

Thanks Britt.

If you really want to know, the cake is just a round cake cut in half, then rearranged to look like a butterfly. I also cut a little more off the edges of the wings to shape them. I decorated it with orange frosting, brown sprinkles, and white frosting for the dots and words.

Lisa said...

Awesome cakes! Cute pictures of the girls from their birthdays, too!

Thanks for your suggestion about the mesh feeders--so smart! I actually bought a set of them a few months ago before he was really ready to use them, but when you reminded me I brought them out and he went to town with one for a while this morning. I want to try putting a banana in it, but didn't have any, so I just stuck a bunch of crumbled pretzels in there (since I have to watch him really closely when he sucks on them since they fall apart), and he loved it. Hopefully he'll get used to the flavors of different things with them by being able to do it himself. Thanks!