Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Lydia - Wizard of Oz Party

For Lydia's 4th birthday, she wanted to wear her Dorothy dress and have a Wizard of Oz party.


I had a hard time thinking of Oz party favors, beyond just rainbow-colored things, so I decided to make each girl a pair of "ruby slippers". As always, I was a little too ambitious and I ended up spending a late night turning this:


Into this:


At the party, the kids painted rainbows,


Played a freeze dance game,


And a "What's Missing" game,


Went on a hunt for the broomstick and melted the Wicked Witch of the West (drawn with watercolor markers on freezer paper),

Opened presents,

And had rainbow cupcake cake!


Lydia had a great day. She is such a loving and fun girl. She has quite a sense of humor for a 4 year old, and loves to make people laugh with her made-up jokes and good natured teasing. Lydia likes to give hugs, and kisses "on the wips" to any parent, grandparent, aunt, or uncle who will let her. We love having Lydia in our family.

No comments: