Our Primary had a great activity today to teach the children about the Pioneers crossing the plains. The children were invited to come dressed in pioneer clothing and bring wagons decorated like covered wagons.
Here is Elise with Lydia in our wagon. I stuck pool noodles in the cup holders and made a little tarp with ropes sewn into two ends to cover our "covered wagon." Pure genius, right? Just kidding but sometimes I remind myself of my dad, making cool stuff like this.
We started from a house in the neighborhood, "Nauvoo", and made a "trek" about a mile long, stopping at different points along the way to learn about different church history sites. They had "Winter Quarters," "Martin's Cove," "Emigration Canyon," and the "Salt Lake Valley." It was a really cool idea for an activity, and the girls had tons of fun.
Here is Elise with Lydia in our wagon. I stuck pool noodles in the cup holders and made a little tarp with ropes sewn into two ends to cover our "covered wagon." Pure genius, right? Just kidding but sometimes I remind myself of my dad, making cool stuff like this.
We started from a house in the neighborhood, "Nauvoo", and made a "trek" about a mile long, stopping at different points along the way to learn about different church history sites. They had "Winter Quarters," "Martin's Cove," "Emigration Canyon," and the "Salt Lake Valley." It was a really cool idea for an activity, and the girls had tons of fun.
5 comments:
haha that just reminded me of when you came to our stakes Pioneer Trek....wow have not thought about that in a long time!
Great wagon. Did you sew the girls' dresses too?
I'm so impressed- I love the wagon and your girls look so cute in their bonnets!!
I didn't sew the dresses or the bonnets, but I kept getting that question from the other moms! Elise's dress is mine from when I was little. It must have been the cool thing back in 1984 to look like a pioneer child! Lydia's dress is a little more modern, it's one that my MIL Joanna bought from a boutique.
The bonnets are from This is the Place Heritage Village, courtesy of my mom!
Hi Shayla! I just found your blog linked to Helena's. Congratulations on the pregnancy. You and Helena are on the same track this time! I can't wait to hear what you're having. I'll have to check your blog to find out since Joanna apparently forgets to pass along big news. Just joking. You guys look great!
Post a Comment