Thursday, June 26, 2008

We're having...

a BOY! We found out yesterday at my 16 week appointment. This is the earliest we have found out with any of my pregnancies. Apparently my OB's office will do an ultrasound this early just to check for gender. It costs $25, and I debated all month whether I would cancel the appointment and keep our money, but I finally talked myself into keeping the appointment.

We were both kinda surprised. Mike was sure it would be a girl, and I've been thinking this pregnancy has been so similar to the last two, I was leaning that direction too. We're both excited but actually a little nervous, if that's the right word. I feel like I know what to do with girls, but a boy is totally new territory! But it's going to be awesome, and I'm excited to see what he will be like! Plus I get to shop for boy things, and redecorate the nursery!

Elise is excited. She has been saying for a while that we need a brother, because Dad is the only boy in our family. In that respect, Mike is really excited to not be so outnumbered anymore! Mike's so cute with our daughters, I can't wait to see him interacting with a son.

So anyway, here are some ultrasound pictures of our tiny little boy (profile of his head, and the "it's a boy" pic):

3 comments:

Liz said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Wahoo for boys! (And yes, I would have said the same thing if it were a girl, but still, yay for healthy baby boys!)

Nik English said...

I feel happy for Mike...he will now have a little more man power in that house of Estrogen!

meredith.campbell said...

Yay! We'll have a little batch of boy cousins with you, me, Helena and Julia. Great news for you guys!