Monday, October 20, 2008

Primary Program


Elise, who is a Sunbeam this year, had her first chance to be in a Primary program at church. She loves singing, and Primary songs are some of her favorites. Sometimes she bursts loudly into song in the middle of Costco, to see how many people will pay attention to her. Lydia has begun to join in too, and has picked up a lot from what she hears Elise sing.


So, I wasn't too surprised when the chorister told me a couple weeks before the program that Elise is one of the loudest singers. I was excited to hear what she meant. I was not disappointed, it was very entertaining to watch her sing her little heart out. The cutest thing about her singing was that she would tone it down when she wasn't quite sure of the lyrics or tune, and then when she was more sure she would turn up the volume again. People in the ward keep commenting to us about how well they could hear her, what a great job she did, etc.

She also had a speaking part, which she practiced a lot, but she froze when it was her turn to talk in the mic (wonder if that's inherited?). But if anyone would care to ask her, she will gladly repeat her part for you: "Teach me all that I must do."

Lydia had a fun time at church that day too, because my parents, Chris, Alan, and Alan's fiancee Dani, came to visit. Lydia just went from lap to lap as she pleased!

1 comment:

Stacy Holmes said...

Oh baby can Elise sing! I am so thankful for her..she made me feel like I had done my calling. Your girls are so dang cute! I really missed Elise at Primary this Sunday. We sang the I Sing song and she wasn't there. I will have to have the kids sing it again when Elise is there. Thanks for the link on my blog..welcome to the family!