Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blessing Day


Tyler was blessed in Fast and Testimony meeting on the first of February. He was quiet and alert throughout the blessing, and Mike did a wonderful job as well. It was a really neat blessing, I wish I had taken notes or something because I can't remember all of it. But one thing that stood out to me from the blessing was that he'll recognize Heavenly Father's love for him as a son of God throughout his life.
We had an awkwardly large blessing circle, but what can you do? They were all our fathers, grandfathers, and brothers, and there were even a few missing! I really feel blessed that most of our family lives near enough to participate in this kind of thing. Afterward we had a nice little brunch for everyone at our house.
Tyler wore a little cream-colored sweater outfit that my mom took us shopping for. He looked adorable in it, and I liked that it was kinda white, but didn't scream "blessing outfit!", so he can wear it to church a few more times.
Another momentous thing that happened that day: I was released from my calling as Young Women 2nd counselor (the whole presidency was replaced). I am a little sad about it, but it's ok. I really loved serving in the YW, and they are such a great group of girls (and leaders). I feel a little better about camp though, because I wasn't sure how much I'd be able to participate with a 7 month old baby.
So I am currently "unemployed" in my ward. Not for long though, the bishop assured me.

4 comments:

Andy and Kimi said...

He's so stinkin' cute! I love his big grin and bald head. I really like his outfit- super cute.

juli said...

You have such a cute family! It has been fun getting to know you. I hope that I can come to book group more often. I enjoyed going to the movies with you guys! Here is my email...so I can invite you to my blog julipoulsen(at)gmail(dot)com!

Liz said...

Looks like it was a great day. I second Kimi's comments on Tyler's outfit.

Erin said...

I think it was great that you had such a large circle and that your family could be there! Tyler is a cutie!