Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dang those UV rays

I got sunburned yesterday.
Bad.
This morning Tyler won't smile at me, he just gives me this who-is-this-red-faced-freak-and-what-has-she-done-with-my-mother look.
It's been years since I got this red (almost blistery), because I am usually either really good about sunscreen, or I seek shade because of the heat of the sun. Yesterday was like the perfect sunburn trap, because it was so nice outside, the sun was not unpleasant at all, and because I wasn't planning to be out in it for so long, I didn't even think about sunscreen. How my children escaped with just a little blush on their cheeks is a mystery and a blessing. Maybe Mike's side has more forgiving skin genes. I would feel terrible if they were as burned as I am.

I usually don't post horrible pictures of myself, but for some reason I prefer blog posts that include a visual aid.

8 comments:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

Your face is cute.. EVEN when it's sunburned! PS Two of my all time favorite books are Five Little Peppers and How They Grew and A Girl Named Zippy.

Christine Rowley said...

Wow, that's a pretty bad sunburn for April. I didn't think about sunblock either, but I didn't stay out long enough to get burned.

Stacy Holmes said...

So, I am so glad I am not the only idiot on the planet! How did we space sunscreen so bad! My nose was actually pussing this morning..the blisters popped! I am embarrassed to be seen in public!
You are right- the day was a trap! Let me know who your skin cancer doctor is..maybe we can visit together :)--SO SORRY!

Liz said...

Oh, ouch! I'm glad the kids escaped with just a glow.

Lisa Moore said...

I assume you all got sunburned playing at the park yesterday. I wish I could have come! Although I don't envy your sunburn. Maybe you'll luck out and it will turn into a tan. That's so funny Tyler doesn't recognize you!

Trish said...

OUUUUCCCHHHHH! I hate sunburned faces. I have gotten my face pretty bad in the past that I am pretty good about sunscreen! I have some definite wrinkles along my forehead from the many sunburns! Even worse than the face....is the head! Gotta love the itching and peeling "dandruff" when it starts to heal! :(

Kellee said...

OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIEEEEEE. I'm sorry you got sunburned. Maybe it will turn into a lovely tan shade.

Kalley said...

Ouch. I can not believe you already have a sunburn this year. The weather has only been nice a couple times. Hopefully, this is your one and only this year.