Here is my recipe, exactly how I made it for the book release. Next time I make it, I think I will use more diced peaches in the batter and on top, and only 1 koolaid packet. I also think for the topping you could just use sweetened whipped cream, or cool whip.
Peaches'n'Cream Cupcakes
Batter:
1 white cake mix, prepared as directed but with only half of the oil called for
2 packets unsweetened mango kool-aid (yes, mango, but I think it tastes peachy)
2 large fresh peaches, diced
Filling:
8 oz light cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix with Kool-aid powder. Add eggs, water, and half the oil directed on the box. Mix well, about 2 minutes with a mixer. Stir in diced peaches.
In another bowl, make the filling. Cream together softened cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and mix well.Fill paper liners about 1/4 full with batter. Add a spoonful of filling to each cup, then divide the remaining batter among the cups. Bake about 20 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
Frosting:
1 c. cream
1/2 container storebought vanilla frosting
Whip the cream very stiff. Gently combine with frosting. Spread over cooled cupcakes, or pipe from a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off, and garnish with diced peaches on top.

Look, I even took a pretty picture like one of those food bloggers!
1 comment:
I am a middle child too..and so is Rylee. Does that explain why I am so competitive? Phew, I am glad that it is out of my control! Your cupcakes were totally the best! Peaches are my favorite fruit!
Post a Comment