Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Camping

I just wanted to post a few pictures of the 2-night campout we had in August. Mike's dad Jim reserved a site and invited anyone who wanted to come. I thought it was funny because I had always heard that Jim hates camping. Mike and his brothers tell a story of how they were supposed to go camping for Fathers and Sons, and they ended up at the Red Lion hotel, haha!

We had really great food like tin foil dinners (the first edible one I've ever made), Dutch oven desserts, and Reeses peanut butter cup smores (mmmm!). Elise and Lydia had so much fun getting covered in dirt with McKenna and Savannah. The adults had fun playing "Scum" and "Pandemic". Tyler and his baby cousins Jasper and Henry were great sports.

Edited to add: I don't want to forget this, however unpleasant it was, but Elise also threw up in the middle of the night on this trip. She woke up making gagging sounds in the tent a couple of times, and Mike helped her outside of the tent to throw up (I know, awesome dad skills, right?). The one humorous thing about it was that a little later she started to make a tiny cough sound in her sleep, and Mike immediately shot up and half-threw her out the door of the tent. Well that time was a false alarm, and she came back in with this confused/wounded look on her face as she asked, "Dad? Why did you do that?"

No comments: