Monday, August 17, 2009

YW Camp

A couple months after Tyler was born, I was released from my Young Women calling. My feelings were split between disappointment and relief. I loved the young women, but I felt like I wasn't able to put forth as much time and effort to them as I would have liked. Before my release, I had wondered what I would do about camp. Some of my favorite memories of serving have come from YW camp the past 2 years. Could I really bring an 8-month old nursing baby? But I knew it would break my heart to miss it!

Fast forward a couple months... I was called to be on the camp committee! Interestingly, our new YW president was in the same situation I was, and she planned to be at camp as much as she could, baby and all. It made the decision much easier, and so... Tyler got to experience girls' camp this summer.

He was such a trooper and, in true Tyler fashion, smiled almost the whole time. He loved all of the extra attention he received from the young women. The only real drawback was the nighttime temperature, brrr!

2 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

What a ward of troopers..count your blessings you have such a mild mannered cutie pie! Cold nights are not fun! I relearned that last night..brrr!

Erin said...

I think you were amazing at camp! You made me feel like I could do it with my baby!