Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bowling with Grandpa

Here is one of our more unique family traditions. For the last few years, my parents have invited all their kids and grandkids to go bowling, usually right after Christmas.

The little girls had a lot of fun and did a great job, using bumpers and the ramp of course. Following each ball Lydia bowled, she always had a look of triumph on her face no matter how many pins she knocked down. Due to a couple of spares and a computer error in her favor, she actually beat Elise's and my scores (although beating me was not hard to do, I think my score was 94). Mike came in first out of the four of us.

I always forget how much fun bowling is. Back when Mike and I were in college, we took a bowling class together just for fun. It was great to learn the four-step approach and have enough practice to actually improve our techniques. Someday when our kids aren't so little, I think we'll have to join a league.

Shayla and Elise

Grandpa and Lydia

No comments: